Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Countdown Begins: 9 days before take-off

My mom and I will leave New York on Saturday, September 17 at approximately 1:00 p.m. So the countdown has officially begun. We have just over nine full days left in the states! I'm currently writing a To-Do list that would put any multi-tasker to SHAME. It includes such things as eating (yes, that needs to go on the List or I'll forget to do such trivial things), finishing a semester's worth of work in the next 9 days (yes, I do happen to be insane), Making a calendar/packing list (yup, definitely neurotic), eating (since I'll have to do that at least twice in the next few days), plotting another book (because writing books in France is awesome), setting up this blog (CHECK!) and many many other things. 


So here's the general sense of my freak out - I don't know where I'm teaching. I'm not positive when Orientation is or what my first day of work will be. I have no place to live, no money to live on until I get a check in November, and I've already spent an insane amount of money! :-) 
As the countdown continues, readers should expect the following: Screaming/ranting/raving and general Bitchiness; non-sensical posts about random things like Buffy the Musical, dishwashers, cats who fly and dogs who are ninnies; crazy ramblings on shoe and dress choices, how the hell I'm going to pack it all, and where I'm going to fit my life-sized model of Vin Diesel (oh wait, the store was all out... scratch that). You should also prepare for another hurricane, a tornado, earthquake, and fire, because life is actually a cheesy Sci-Fi Disaster movie and you're all going to perish with overly-dramatic close-ups and terrible one-liners. 
Day 8 begins tomorrow!  

7 comments:

  1. Join the club, I also don't get paid till November and due to all the travelling over the summer, have no money. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. that sucks! At least you have a place to live, though. That's a plus! Losers who move to France apparently aren't that cool. :-)
    PS I totally stole your idea for the travel blog. Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous, Jo! Despite the obstacles and uncertainties, you're brave enough to jump right in... YOU'RE GOING TO FRANCE! So cool. I know you're going to have a blast, and I'm excited to live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo excited for you! Will get there to share a cuppa this and that. Hugs! (p.s. Talk to strangers).

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you never talk to strangers, you'll never make a friend...
    OOOH - that's totally quoteable... maybe I see a new Troublemakers slogan in the making????

    ReplyDelete
  6. John - thanks for the encouraging words as always. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, I'm glad you stole my idea, how else am I supposed to learn about living in France? :) And yeah, I was lucky with the place to live thing! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete